Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Three Sisters, Capitolyo Drive, Pasig

Three Sisters,  Capitolyo Drive, Pasig City
***
Pork Barbecue Meal
Grilled Liempo Meal
Chicken Barbecue Meal
***
A late morning meal that is eaten instead of breakfast or lunch 
is called brunch. Then, what is a late afternoon meal that is eaten
instead of lunch or dinner? We call it 'merienda cena'.
 I searched the web for the English translation of merienda cena
and it's high tea. 

I drink tea with Chinese meals and rarely
take it with sandwiches and pastries, but
I did enjoy taking tea at  Raffles Hotel once 
 and at TWG.

What we usually eat during our merienda cenas
are heavy meals, main entrees, served with rice, pancit or pasta.
For Filipinos, that English translation "high tea" for merienda cena
is nowhere near what we often serve and eat on
our midafternoon snacks, or late lunches and early dinners.

I was craving for chicken barbecue one weekend and 
Three Sisters serves all sorts of barbecue.
so we had our merienda cena here, 
that's early dinner or late lunch. 
I just wish I brought the barbecue sauce from Aristocrat with me.
 That chicken barbecue would have been perfect.
There will be a next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment