Monday, July 7, 2014

Our Crab and Pork Sinigang Dinner

***
I asked the Son to drive me to Dapitan Arcade yesterday.
I needed to buy some bamboo rods and artificial trees.
While I crossed the street, an ambulant vendor, holding 
a net with five huge crabs in it, approachd me.  He said, 
"Ma'am, bilihin ninyo na po ito. Para makauwi na ako sa Nueva Ecija."
Hmmm... OMG... I was like.. "Teka... Nueva Ecija pa galing
mga alimango na yan?" "Ma'am, buhay pa po sila." Then he got 
the biggest crab and made it walk on the sidewalk.
So I said, " Palakarin mo silang lahat. Baka patay na yan."
... and he made all of the crabs walk one by one.
So, I bought them all. Hurriedly drove back home and
cooked dinner instead of eating out at the Korean buffet.
Pork Sinigang... cooked by the Son using a crock pot,
leftover from lunch!
Mangoes and Bagoong... I bought this mango from Bangkok.
Placed them inside my luggage, wrapped in my clothes.
Baka maging mango shake na pagdating ng Manila.
The MANGOES!!! Malaki pa sa hand ko!
The crabs, complete with claws.
My first claw, with mangoes and bagoong. Yummy!
The second claw.
Hubby gave me seven claws.  
I used to love eating crabs but since I have aged much,
I try to lessen my intake of these crustaceans because they 
can increase my cholesterol  levels and peeling crabs have 
become quite a task.  But thanks to the Hubby, he patiently 
peels crabs and shrimps for the old lady, that's me.
***
Notice the maple leaf - shaped serving dishes?
I got them from Dapitan Arcade too.
They cost Php 120 each. What a bargain!
I just love shopping at Dapitan Arcade, 
but go on a Sunday, there's no traffic and 
not  a lot of shoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment