Friday, July 25, 2014

Shrimp & Squid Karekare

Shrimp & Squid Karekare
***
Ingredients:
White Shrimps  500 g.
Squid 500 g.
Pechay 500 g.
Stringbeans 250 g.
Garlic (minced) 1 tsp.
White Onion (chopped) 1 piece
Cooking Oil  2 Tbsp.
Peanut Butter 1 cup
Salt Sugar Pepper 
MSG (optional)
***
Procedure:
Saute the garlic and the onion in oil.  
Add the squid, then the shrimps. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, cook the string beans first. Set aside.
Then cook the pechay.
Arrange the first four ingredients neatly on a serving dish.

Add a cup of water in the pan.
Once it boils, add the peanut butter.
Season with salt, sugar and pepper. 
Pour the karekare sauce over the shrimps, squid and veggies.
Serve with bagoong and rice.

***

***
I miss cooking and baking. Didn't do a lot of cooking during the summer
because it was extremely hot in our kitchen.   Thanks to my crock pots
(Btw, I have four slow cookers in different sizes.)
and the Son who did most of the cooking.  I've taught him how to cook his 
favorite dishes ... sinigang na baboy, nilagang baka, spicy pork chops and chicken.
When I asked the Son what he wanted for lunch, he said, "Karekare... Seafood."
"Okay...  Sige ... maggrocery  ka!"  
I guess I have to try cooking Seafood Karekare using the crock pot.
Para siya na rin ang magluto!
Hee hee hee !!!

***
That was lunch. Only the Son had lunch.
But I set the table for three.
Why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment