Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our first 48 hours in Roseville, November 2013



I have never experienced autumn in the States. I usually visit my Dad and my sister during Easter break, that is springtime, in the summer  or during Christmas.  Hubby spent a couple of "fall" vacations in the past few years in Chicago and this is the first time that Hubby and I spent an entire month together, without the Son (he had school). 
********
Our first 48 hours ... a feast for all the senses!
Persimmon is the fruit in season during autumn and it is one of my favorite fruits.
My sister made sure she had two huge bowls full of persimmon. 
... and I made sure it was the first thing I ate. Fruit heaven!
***. 
On our way from the SFO airport to Roseville,
 we would always drive thru In and Out. 
Just love their fries and their juicy burgers!
This will be our room for the entire month.
My sister surely knows how to beautify and decorate her home.
Lovely!!!
***
Lobsters and lobster tails.
Woke up to the smell of fresh seafood.
Oh dear, I might get used to this.
***
Guess who came to visit me?  My dearest bff, Dr. Aimee
and she drove all the way from Galt to Roseville 
and brought the sweetest seedless grapes. Yummy!
***
This was my breakfast the next morning!
Blueberry bagels, cheese and liquid butter!
We're really in America! No Gardenia bread or Dari  Creme.
hee hee hee
***
After breakfast, the Hubby saw this huge bird on top of the neighbor's roof.
I quickly grabbed my phone and snapped this shot.
There were actually two of them on the roof but the other one flew away.
My sister said, "Oh, they are the wild turkeys  that I've seen walking 
around the village!"Perfect timing for Thanksgiving!
*****
I have about a thousand photos that I need to put watermarks on, resize
or crop and that's a lot of work.  I posted photos of our reunion
with Paulinians in LA /SFO, and my Dad's birthday.
I needed to  thank them all first, but I also have to post recent food
/ restaurant blogs, do my Christmas countdown and 
it is  just overwhelming.  Sigh, sigh, sigh...
********
/ chicsanders 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment